Articles on this Page
- 02/08/11--11:47: _Comment on A Snowy ...
- 02/08/11--11:48: _Comment on Beef … I...
- 02/08/11--12:45: _Comment on Beef … I...
- 02/08/11--14:03: _Comment on Beef … I...
- 02/08/11--14:51: _Comment on Beef … I...
- 02/08/11--16:12: _Comment on Beef … I...
- 02/09/11--07:37: _Comment on Beef … I...
- 02/09/11--09:49: _Comment on What Abo...
- 02/09/11--10:50: _Comment on What Abo...
- 02/09/11--10:57: _Comment on A Snowy ...
- 02/14/11--19:44: _Comment on Create Y...
- 02/15/11--06:41: _Comment on Banana P...
- 02/15/11--09:45: _Comment on Banana P...
- 02/15/11--17:38: _Comment on Banana P...
- 02/15/11--18:32: _Comment on Banana P...
- 02/15/11--18:40: _Comment on Banana P...
- 02/15/11--19:21: _Comment on Banana P...
- 02/16/11--15:58: _Comment on Banana P...
- 02/16/11--19:19: _Comment on Banana P...
- 02/16/11--19:46: _Comment on Banana P...
- 02/08/11--11:47: Comment on A Snowy Day At Last!! by LBDDiaries
- 02/08/11--11:48: Comment on Beef … It’s What’s For Dinner by Kim
- 02/08/11--12:45: Comment on Beef … It’s What’s For Dinner by Kitchen and Kids
- 02/08/11--14:03: Comment on Beef … It’s What’s For Dinner by CoolMama
- 02/08/11--14:51: Comment on Beef … It’s What’s For Dinner by Kitchen and Kids
- 02/08/11--16:12: Comment on Beef … It’s What’s For Dinner by CoolMama
- 02/09/11--07:37: Comment on Beef … It’s What’s For Dinner by SailorWifey
- 02/09/11--09:49: Comment on What About Yours … by Kimberly
- 02/09/11--10:50: Comment on What About Yours … by Kitchen and Kids
- 02/09/11--10:57: Comment on A Snowy Day At Last!! by Kitchen and Kids
- 02/15/11--06:41: Comment on Banana Pudding – Here Today, Gone Tomorrow by Marge
- 02/15/11--18:40: Comment on Banana Pudding – Here Today, Gone Tomorrow by angie
- 02/16/11--15:58: Comment on Banana Pudding – Here Today, Gone Tomorrow by Bibi
You must live near where I do (AR) 'cause if I don't take a picture, no one will know it snowed, usually by the next day. Sometimes it sticks around a day or two but like you, it was 19 degrees one day and 55 the next - I call it schizoid weather!!
That price is GREAT--I'd buy a bunch in bulk and freeze it. One of my family's faves is sour cream enchiladas (made with beef filling).
Yumm! I might need to try that.
The bacon and blue cheese burgers sound so good! I don't eat pork or beef, but I can use turkey bacon and turkey burgers (or facon and veggie burgers...yum!). I love a turkey burger with goat cheese! Some other things that we love to eat (with ground turkey) is wedding soup, stuffed peppers, and sloppy joes.
What is in the wedding soup?
It is great that there are alternatives to ground beef. I used to eat more ground turkey and chicken than I do now, however, when I was pregnant with my daughter my body rebelled against any kind of poultry, and I still can't stomach it.
Oh, I know the feeling :( I can't even mention the "g" word that's made out of avocados without feeling sick. Poultry is the only meat I eat and some day I hope to be vegetarian so, no more poultry.
I don't cook...but my mom does and she makes the wedding soup. But just from tasting it...it's basically like chicken soup with mini meatballs in it. Some people put small pasta in it, but she doesn't. There's greens in it (kale I think). If I remember to ask her what's it in I'll send you the "recipe" (she doesn't use recipes just throws in whatever whenever and it's fantastic...she's a food wizard!).
Great List! Have you ever tried cabbage rolls? They're really simple and yummy. You could do enchiladas, meatballs, stuffed bell peppers, and lasagna. I could go on and on.
We're on our 9th snow day this year. Today's snow wasn't very deep, but the -3 degree temperatures, plus slick streets were enough to close school.
I'll probably have to teach until July ;(
We had snow day number 5, but it sounds like your snow day. Icy, but not a lot of snow. I still had my son do school, so we didn't get to far behind. We have co-op Friday, so that is normally an off day.
I hope you don't have to teach until July - that would not be fun! Do you homeschool or teach in a school. I know our schools only have to make up 2 of the missed days.
Yes ma'am. Texas - where the weather is crazy. In fact, today we have another icy, snow day - so no school for the schools. Thankfully my son is homeschooled, so he isn't missing anything.
[...] Crafts *Valentine’s Kids Crafts You’ll Love @ No Time For Flashcards *Create Your Own Heart @ Kitchen and Kids *Fold Heart Envelope Tutorial (with Scripture) @ Impress Your Kids (Video [...]
Ooooh that looks devine but chocked full of calories.. but so GOOD! Too bad I have to be such a good girl :P
Visiting from SITS, make it a great day!
I completely agree, but my will power is not strong enough to resist when I make it. I do lighten it up where I can. AND ... I don't make it often at all, maybe once every couple of years.
Yum, that looks delicious! I don't think I have ever made banana pudding before, but it definitely looks like something that my kids would love. I am curious why your husband protested about the lemon juice?
My husband does not like lemon juice. The funny thing is, when he isn't looking I have used it on the bananas and he didn't know it. I can honestly say this is a very easy recipe.
love your recipe and believe I will use it on a busy night so hubby can have is much loved banana pudding
Beware, once he sees how easy it is, he will want it ALL the time. For our health sake, I had to say no to the request for more pudding. Have a great day!
Believe it or not I never made Banana pudding. I always wanted to and I even collected few different recipes. It looks so delicious and sinful.
My mother used to make ice box cake, which was like your banana pudding but with the addition of a dab of cherry jam on each vanilla wafer. The only drawback was that I didn't like bananas--the texture freaked me out. I ate around them because it was delicious otherwise.
I understand how textures can gross a kid out. My son hates mushrooms simply because of the texture. I have never heard of using strawberry jam, but I bet that made it that much better. Thank you for stopping by.